The Utrecht Biofabrication Facility aims to accelerate emerging biofabrication technologies in areas of regenerative medicine, 3D in vitro cell culture models and therapeutic treatments. It brings together engineers, materials scientists, cell biologists, clinicians and commercial partners to create living 3D laboratory models.
Models and implants
We are currently developing specific models to study liver toxicity, kidney function and factors that affect fertilization. We are also creating models for patient-specific cancer screening. In addition, we support projects that develop personalized implants for the regeneration of cartilage, bones and heart muscle.
- 3D printing techniques,
- Bioprinting technologies,
- Melt Electrospinning Writing (MEW) Stereolithography (SLA),
- Fused Disposition Modeling (FDM),
- Convergence of 3D (bio) printing technologies.
- Prototyping (CAD and MRI / CT based anatomical models,
- Scaffold fabrication,
- Cell prints,
- Preparation of biomaterial / cell matrix (robot release),
- Development of biomaterial / bio-ink,
- Development of 3D fabric constructions,
- Beta development of new 3D printing equipment in collaboration with the industry.
ir. Annemieke de Raad
New Business Development Manager Fieldlab 3DMedical
Contact via firstname.lastname@example.org or
+316 183 028 48.